Sunday, August 4, 2013

Summer Vacation Part 2- Aquarium, North Seoul Tower and Seoul Forest

On Wednesday I went back to the COEX area to the aquarium.  They have some really cute stuff there but the place was PACKED!!!  I normally don't feel claustrophobic, but that it was pretty bad there.  I guess everyone is on vacation!

Some ugly fish.

They had fun fish tanks, such as this fake phone booth...

...and this poor little fish in a toilet.  They also had ones in a fridge and washing machine.

Weird puff fish.

Fish hanging out in a mailbox with Spider-Men

A sleeping bat.

Hedgehogs!!  Not too sure what they have to do with aquariums, but they're cute anyway.

Manatees

Seals being fed



Hanging out with some penguins.

Korean stumpy bullhead.

The next place that I visited was the North Seoul Tower.  It is one of the main landmarks of Seoul, but I don't think it is as cool as the Space Needle.  But it definitely has a great, but hazy, view of the city.  I had to walk up a huge hill from a subway station and then ride a cable car up to Namsan Park, which is where the tower is located.  
Like I said...hazy


Apparently the thing to do there is buy a lock and write something on it with you and your lover's name and leave it there.







One of the last places I visited was Seoul Forest.  It is a very nice place and also quite new.  I think it was an industrial area that got torn down to build a park.  There is lots of greenery and super loud cicadas.  Not very much wildlife, though.  But there is an "eco forest" where they have some deer that you can feed.
I found my Korean Uncle Blue!




Ah..feels like home.  This was in the insect garden.  Which was basically dead bugs on display and other miserable looking ones in tiny terrariums.


Nom nom.  Some of the deer let me pet them :)



He is saying Hello.

I also visited a few markets.  There's an area with floors of electronic stuff and ones that sell kitchy things that you would find in a Chinatown area (excepts it's Korean stuff, yeah?).

Some street food.  I would have tried some but I wasn't hungry.

Sadly, it is now Sunday so my vacation is nearing an end.  I had a very good time and it was really nice to visit around.  I still have a lot of places that I still would like to visit on a list, so I will be doing that over the weekends.  Take care!
-Suz






No comments:

Post a Comment